Re: Re: Mobil-1 vs. Amsoil

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Mar 15 1999 - 15:31:06 EST

Here's the facts:

The RAF in 1944 was already using Synthetic Lubricants in their planes.

(1) http://www.netlink.com.au/~gstooke/460squadron/history.htm
(2) http://www.sonic.net/~bstone/archives/980721.html
(3) http://www.colby.edu/personal/rmscheck/GermanyE3.html

Amsoil (or anyone in the USA) did NOT "invented" Synthetic Oil...

They may have improved the filtering process, lubrication properties, etc...but
it was not developed here.

At 11:46 PM 3/14/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Amsoil synthetic motor oil was introduced in 1972, and is stated in their
>dealer history book with a list of "firsts", which include "First to
>develop an API rated 100% synthetic motor oil". Don't know when Mobile 1
>started making 100% synthetic motor oil. I think most other "older"
>synthetic oils were petroleum based. I could be wrong about this.
>
>> I believe Mobil developed synthetic lubricants long before Amsoil. If
>> someone
>> has evidence to the contrary, I'd like to know about it. Because I
>> prefer to go
>> with a leader rather than a follower.
>>
>> Randy
>> '98 R/T CC

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
bernd@texas.net
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd
1997 Dakota SLT-CC (3.9L)
License Plate Frame: "Don't Follow Me...I'm Trolling for Toyota's"
Song for the Day: "Gonna buy me a Dodge Truck and blow those Fords off the
road....."