RE: Question on going faster

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 15 1999 - 18:38:14 EST

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Jason Jennings wrote:

> I checked the new Mopar Catalog. Would you buy the valve covers to
> match the heads, the heads to match the lift???? I sat down and thought
> real hard about a rocker bolt on. It seems like the cart before the
> horse cheap way out. I looked at cam shafts, heads, valve covers, yada
> yayda, so on.... It almost reads as if you do it all at once. If you
> want a cam with more lift and longer duration, doesn't the head need the
> clearance? Shouldn't the valve cover have the room to take on the
> valves from the head???? Man you can certainly find yourself lost in a
> big ol' as migraine. Oh well, in time I suppose it shall all fall
> together.

   You buy the covers to match your heads, but one thing to keep in
mind are your rockers; you want to buy a valve cover that will clear
the combination you are planning on using. As far as the head itself
goes, lift, duration, etc. doesn't matter; you use the same head. No
mods are nescessary if you're using bolt-on components.

                                              -Jon-