Re: Re: Was I stupid to buy the dak I did?

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@mci.com)
Date: Mon Mar 15 1999 - 18:41:09 EST

FYI, I know it was not *required* in Arizona either... more specifically,
Maricopa County (Phoenix)... as long as you had a bond with the required
amount (50K, I think) with the county named as a trustee.... (I don't
remember the specific requirements, but you get the point)... if you can
afford insurance...(and them some... ok alot) you don't have to get it...

I once amassed $1500 in "no proof of insurance", "no drivers license", and
"no current registration" tickets while going to college in Phoenix... it
was still cheaper than the $2500/yr they wanted to insure me during that
time... ;-)

Gary Shook

P.S. I'm not advocating driving without insurance... but I was broke, and
would have been on the street if I couldn't drive to work (and no, public
transport was NOT an option at the time). I also find it laughable that
part of their insurance reg's REQUIRED uninsured motorist coverage.... so
they know their own law won't work...