Re: Re: Mobil-1 vs. Amsoil

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Mar 16 1999 - 16:33:12 EST

Since someone was stating that Amsoil was the pioneer in synthetic lubes...just
had to point out that the US/Amsoil was NOT the ones who pioneered/invented it.

The links just prove that synthetic was already around way before most of you
all thought.

I'll dig up the time line/history of Synthetic from one of my dad's old books.

At 03:28 PM 3/16/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Bernd D. Ratsch wrote:
>
>> Here's the facts:
>>
>> The RAF in 1944 was already using Synthetic Lubricants in their planes.
>>
>> (1) http://www.netlink.com.au/~gstooke/460squadron/history.htm
>> (2) http://www.sonic.net/~bstone/archives/980721.html
>> (3) http://www.colby.edu/personal/rmscheck/GermanyE3.html
>
> Every one of these links referred to the WW-2 German problem with
>oil supply lines, including dependence on synthetic oil and fuel (most
>of which was made from coal). None of these links included information
>on the use of synthetic lubricants in Allied aircraft, which is where
>I think you were leading the thread.
>
> FYI,
>
> Ron

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
bernd@texas.net
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd
1997 Dakota SLT-CC (3.9L)
License Plate Frame: "Don't Follow Me...I'm Trolling for Toyota's"
Song for the Day: "Gonna buy me a Dodge Truck and blow those Fords off the
road....."