Re: Repost: Dakota V6 warning!! Is your truck near 50 K miles?

From: Eric (erich@dhc.net)
Date: Tue Mar 16 1999 - 23:15:17 EST

>The O.E. chains just seem to
>have
> a lifespan of 50K. Just a warning anyone with a 3.9L Dakota or Ram, in
case
> your motor starts to rattle around 50K...I wonder if the TDR replacement
will
> last longer????? >>

I can't explain in a good way on my terrible English why the chain only last
about 50000 miles on V6. But it has to do with how the engine is
constructed, grinding of cam and firing order. And it's only the V6.

Swede/
99 R/T Dakota CC
Black & Loaded
K/N, headers, 3" exhaust, SuperTrapp,
relocated coil, peaked inj-timing, 180 T-stat
Mail: dakota_rt99@hotmail.com