ball joints and idler arm on '97

From: Sawyer, Travis (tsawyer@northc.com)
Date: Wed Mar 17 1999 - 08:24:17 EST

Folks:

I finally got my '97 Sport+ with 66k miles into the dealership for warranty
work
to be done on the ball joints and idler arm. The truck has 66k miles and
has
had the chassis lubed every time it has had an oil change.

The ball joints are covered under warranty (extended) but they are going to
replace the entire arm assembly because they have found that once the ball
joints come out, they don't stay in. (OK, kewl new parts for free!) The
idler
arm is not covered under warranty.

The service guys seem to be really friendly and helpful and so far I've been
pleased with them. The rental car was ready for me when they called and
told it was going to be an overnighter due to the lack of the parts. They
had
to be ordered.

Unfortunately the viper was already out so I had to settle for a plymouth
breeze, a four banger. Maybe I'm a really agressive driver, but this thing
has to really windout to get to highway speeds on an on ramp (redline is
6500
and it was hitting redline before shifting). I miss my V8 already! Oh
yeah,
I forgot to mention that they forgot to put a clutch in this car, I'm not
used
to an automatic and I keep putting my left foot to the floor. (kindof like
an
amputee I guess ;)

So... if you have a '97 with around 60k miles, have your ball joints looked
at before your extended warranty runs out (if you have one)!!!

thanx for letting me take the space.

-travis
'97 CC 4x4 Sport+
this email written with recycled electrons :)