Re: more mpg and coolant fyi

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 18 1999 - 17:41:31 EST

<<
 This month's Popular Mechanics mentioned a TSB(03-02-98)
 that says that using 75W90 lube for 8.25 and 9.25 in. differentials
 in 98 Dodge and Jeep trucks made them more "fuel-thrifty". A switch
 to synthetic gear oil at this time wouldn't hurt either. What about trucks
 before 98's??? My guess is that it would work for us too.

I run Amsoil 75W90 synthetic gear lube in both diffs in my 4WD Dak. I did
notice how thick and nasty that blueish Mopar gear lube was when I swapped it
over to synthetics; the Amsoil was nice and thin yet provides better
protection and remained the same consistency at higher and lower temperatures.
I did a hill test after swapping to Amsoil, and my Dak rolled 75 feet farther
when using Amsoil. I love this stuff!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6
102,000 miles