RE: RE: My Dakota Is a Pain In The ...

From: Norah Bleazard (nbleazard@home.com)
Date: Fri Mar 19 1999 - 11:15:02 EST

> I have tried all that, only thing that makes it bearable is an extra seat
> cushion from a patio chair.
>
> I should have mentioned this in my original post - I have the 40/20/40
> split bench seat. Does anyone have buckets and are they much different
> from the standard seat?

Boy do I feel your pain! Ever since I crashed the '95, my back has never
been the same, nor will it ever again. The '98 has the bucket seats as
well, but I have noticed that the manual lumbar support is no longer
available. Was this common to all the '98+ with buckets?

I am forced to use an Obus Forme back support all the time (ok, most of the
time), and I placed it on the driver's seat and noticed that the seat has
the exact same shape as the back support, minus the lumbar support which is
just an additional cushion velcro'd on to the support. So what I do is just
place an Obus Back Roll, or cushion behind me to support the lumbar region.
I've even gone so far as to get a prescription from my doctor & chiropractor
to get an Obus Forme bed which will be delivered in just a few hours and
$2900.00 later. Geez, I'm starting to sound like a walking advertisement
for Obus Forme, yikes!

Speaking as someone who can't sit for more than 20 to 30 minutes at a time
without discomfort, I can honestly say that I'm able to drive my dak for
much longer periods of time. I guess Chryslers at Carlisle and Mopar Nats
will be the true test of endurance (cringe). So those of you with back
problems when driving, try getting a prescription for a back support (about
$80.00 Canadian) and give it a try. If you get a note from your doc and you
have extended health care from work, you can most likely get them to
reimburse you.

lumbar as well. Good luck, and hopefully, drive pain free!

Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd