Re: From Zymol to Clay Magic

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Fri Mar 19 1999 - 13:10:01 EST

Rich,

I was rather skeptical, too, but I got a Meguiar's clay bar kit and I
like it very much. The clay is a block but you don't use it that way.
Take a part of it and flatten it down like about a sixteenth of an inch
thick or so and let it cover your fingers and palm (ala Bob Nich.). Then
you spray Meguair's Spray Detailer on your truck where you will be
working. It's a lubricant and keeps the clay from scratching. I was
amazed at the pollen that come out in the clay when I did this. I didn't
realize it was on the truck until I did this. Anyway, if you use the
product correctly, real liberal with the spray and easy with the clay, it
works great. Follow with your favorite wax!

Richard in SA

On Fri, 19 Mar 1999 12:12:30 -0500 "Wisotzkey, Rich"
<Rich.Wisotzkey@gsc.gte.com> writes:
>With all the talk of using Zymol, has anyone had any experience with
>"Clay
>Magic"? I saw this in an advertisement some time ago. I believe the
>wax/polish is applied with some type of clay block. What is the deal
>here?
>How does this work, especially on curves, sharp bends, convex
>surfaces?
>Seems like this block would promote scratching.
>Rich - Ashburn, VA

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]