RE: Canada Meet - Update #1

From: Norah Bleazard (nbleazard@home.com)
Date: Mon Mar 22 1999 - 10:18:07 EST

.
Great job Bob!!

> Some suggestions that should be decided upon by beginning of May.
>
> 1. We could all meet at the Petro-Can gas station on Williams
> Pkwy and do a short convoy throught the gate. If everyone
> is interested in this, it would probably be better to do
> this by 9 a.m. so that we can all park together in the meet.
> Downside is that it's awfully early for those trucking
> from a long distance.

I would recommend meeting a little earlier as you know the routine we seem
to have developed. Spend 1/2 talking with each other, spend another 1/2
examining each others trucks. And then again, there are those who are late.
Maybe set a deadline time for when we'll be leaving the Petro-Can to head to
the plant? Whatcha think?

> 2. I could meet those coming from the Niagara area on the
> QEW at Burlington and we could convoy up.
>
> 3. I was planning on leaving a little earlier to see which
> gate will be used. I'll probably drive the '70 Challenger
> and Dave, my son, will drive the DAK.

I think this meet we'll be taking the '98 instead of the '95. That's if we
don't have any damage from SwiftRapids when we complete the trail. Nah.
I'm going to think positive, but I can honestly admit, I'm nervous. Never
done anything quite like this before. See the url to see why I'm a bit
nervous:

http://www.co4x4.com/tim/rookie.txt

> 4. I have not read recent posts as yet but I think the
> DML stickers may be ready in time for the meet.
>
> That's it for now. Any ideas/suggestion are most welcomed.
> Let's just get it settled by May 1st.

Very good plan! Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting new faces.
Toronto Meet III seems to be well under way - YEE-HAW!

Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd