Re: Rocker Arms

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 22 1999 - 14:10:55 EST

In a message dated 3/20/99 8:13:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
BlKV8Dkota@aol.com writes:

<< Has anyone replaced their rocker arms with 1.7 roller rockers?
Specifically
 Crower's? Was it hard to replace them and did you notice a great deal of
gain
 performance wise? >>

I used the Crower 1.6 ratio rockers on my '97 SS/T only because the camshaft
I'm running puts the lift right around .512" ... a 1.7 ratio rocker would
probably be a tad bit too much for my combo.

I noticed a slight increase in power in the midrange.. nothing major over the
stock configuration, maybe quicker revs ... I just did the modification to
keep my package durable.

The install is very, very easy on a Ram (just about anyone could do it...),
and it's just as easy on the Daks... it's just a little bit more cramped and
might require you to reroute some extra hoses here and there to get at the
valve covers..

If you go with the 1.7s - you should probably upgrade your valve springs at
the same time ... Use the Magnum R/T springs, and be careful if you're
ordering from a large mail order company that they don't send you the wrong
style spring. Also - if you plan on going past the factory rev limiter - order
the pn with the suffix "PK"... that's the Performance Kit with the hardened
pushrods and guideplates.

ttyl
Patrick
surf.to/rdperformance