Blake's $700 modifications-my opinions

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Mon Mar 22 1999 - 22:59:55 EST

DML-here is a copy of some correspondence between Blake and myself on different
types of mods to do to his truck with $700. He asked if I could post the whole
thing to the list after we chatted back and forth a few times, so maybe some
other members could give their opinions. The first thing that I had asked him
was whether he was going to pay someone to do the work, or do it himself and
save the cash for more go-fast parts. He said his Dad and a buddy could help
him. Have at it and give him some feedback. I tried to be cost conscious,
picking the items that would get the most effect for the $, and prioritizing
them in order that I'd recommend doing this.
  I have had similar conversations with many of you from the DML, and I think
that many people will find a lot of this familiar with what I have said before,
being a logical order of progression from a mechanic and an economist' point of
view--