Re: High Performance Computer

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wt.net)
Date: Sun Mar 07 1999 - 02:55:37 EST

For $100 I would definately do it. If that's the mopar computer that is.
The best I've seen on the mopar computer is around $249.00 I would stay
away from Hypertech or any other non mopar computers. You'll need to make
sure it is for your specific truck though. Year model, engine, and tranny
have to all match. The '93 v8's only came with auto trannys so as long as
the computer is for '93 v8's your ok. Something to keep in mind is that you
will HAVE to run 93 octane or better all the time so if gas money is a
concern you might want to wait. If that doesn't matter, go for it. With
the new computer I'd suggest you change your thermostat to a 180 degree one.
This will help reduce any pinging you might encounter with the aggresive
timing the new computer uses. The thermostat is cheap though, $10 maybe and
we can tell you how to install it. You can check out my home page at
http://web.wt.net/~mclark/html/dakota/ I've got a whole page on the computer
upgrade including some 0-60 comparisons...

---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html
 Dakota Webring==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/webring/ring.html