Re: 33's on a V6 4x4

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 23 1999 - 10:45:25 EST

<<
 I am thinking about putting 33x10.5x15s on my 1996 V6 reg. cab 4x4
 with the stock differential. Can anybody tell me how much lift I need
 and if the performance hits are acceptable. >>

You are going to have run TrailMater's 4" Suspension lift definately. Possibly
more. I am currently waiting on TrailMaster's respsonse from a letter I sent
them concerning this. The 4" lift will accept 32's, but anything taller than
that I am not sure. Maybe along with the 4" lift if you get some aftermarket
torsion bars and crank them up and inch or two and get an add-a-leaf in the
rear you should be able to clear 33's just fine. I am assuming you are running
the stock size 235 tires, which are about 28.5" tall, and you want to run
33's, which are about 32.8" tall. So to compensate for this, a gear swap will
help. I am currently running 3.55 gears in both diff, when I swap to 32's, a
gear swap with 3.9's will put the engine RPM back within 30 rpm of the stock
setup at 55MPH. Hope this helps, good luck, start saving!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6