Re: 180 degree thermostat

From: Boog318@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 23 1999 - 09:57:59 EST

Chris
They dont list a 180 because most O.E. apps. recommend a 195. In the part
number, say a stant 13869 (not sure if its the right one for our trucks), the
last number, 9, indicates a 195 stat. For a 13868, the 8 represents a 180,
and a 13866 is a 160 stat. Normal operating temp. for our trucks is 170
degrees. You can try a 180, but I had probs with my computer not getting out
of choke mode when I put in a 180. It was fine in the summer, but once fall
came around, the engine ran too cool and I got a rich fuel mixture. Not too
cool if your Dak is a V8 and a daily driver.

Anyway, if the parts guy cant figure out you want a 180, then go somewhere
else. Thats pretty scary!
Hope this helps.
TTYL
Boog