Re: Performance Improvement Ideas

From: Dester243@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 23 1999 - 19:37:15 EST

In a message dated 3/23/99 11:11:44 AM Central Standard Time,
boydmcguire@mindspring.com writes:

<< 1) K&N Air Filter ($29 from www.dccarcare.com)
 2) K&N FIPK ($110 from same place)
 3) Walker Dynomax cat back exhaust system ($125 not sure if that includes
 labor, or if I can put it on myself)
 4) Trans-Go Shift Kit ($100 - Mine shifts a 2100 RPM, and that kills me, so
 this is on thing I am definitely getting)
 5) 180 Thermostat ($20 w/ coolant and water)
 6) Use the $50 thats left, plus next weeks pay check ($300) and use to buy
 mopar computer, and 93 octance gas, which is about 93 cents a gallon.

I'm not sure you understand the buying of the items: #1 and #2. the FIPK kit
is the WHOLE ENTIRE, NOTHING else, comes with the K&N air filter.. but don't
waste 110 bucks on that. goto your local parts america, and look (or ask,
nothing wrong with asking) for a 14" air cleaner, don't care about the
brand. just get the cheapest one, since all you use in it is the Housing.
THEN.. if you want better performance, buy a K&N air filter, not the whole
fuel injection performance kit (FIPK) so.. i hope that cleared something
up. the air filter housing will cost you about 30 bucks and the filter, it
depends on which one you get, but around 30 bucks..
-Dester
PS. feel free to IM me on AOL anytime