RE:Paint Job

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Tue Mar 23 1999 - 19:55:00 EST

   Before I would ever let one of those clown shops paint a car I was keeping,
I'd be whipping out the air compressor and the detail gun and giving my truck
a 12 layer laquer job- IF money meant that much to me and I HAD to have it
painted (otherwise I'd be paying the $2-3K for experts to do it). I figure
about $200 for the paint, two weeks of patience in thin coats and 800-1200
grit wet/dry paper with a hose and I'd have a mirror, stare into infinity,
finish on the truck.
   Blake may not be able to handle two weeks of patience so go to those shops
knowing that your truck will need to be repainted in 2 years (max lifespan)
and they may end up painting more than the body. Expect drips, overspray,
poor masking (if any), and bubbles/dirt in the paint. If you are any kind of
perfectionist, you'll hate it. If you don't really care, then go for it.

Shaun H.