Re: Performance Improvement Ideas

From: Dester243@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 23 1999 - 19:41:34 EST

In a message dated 3/23/99 1:09:55 PM Central Standard Time,
boydmcguire@mindspring.com writes:

<< Why does anyone NEED to paint there truck? My dad has been using it since
 93, and his is a contractor, so he is out on job sites. There are countless
 paint scratches and such. I like the paint job done now, but the white has
 faded so much (b/c he leaves it in the sun) that there isnt a touch up paint
 out there that matches this faded white. I dont have the $1000-$1500 to get
 the best paint job in town (nor do I want to wait 1 year for them to have an
 opening) and I want the outside to look good. What do you suggest as far as
 getting something done? If I could, I'd like to stick with this paint job,
 b/c its a cool looking 2 tone, but I dont know if I can. My tires are 14" or
 16", whatever came on them in 93.

 Blake
 White/Grey '93 Dakota
 2x4
 5.2L 318 Automatic >>

Well, if you go ahead and get MACCO to do your paint job, ask them to sand
down the old layer of paint first, and don't just paint over it. also, pay
extra for them to take off the panels, and paint "under" that too. that way.
it'll help the paint stay on there better. also, the more coats of clear
coat. the shiner it'll be. you want a shiny truck...
-Dester