Re: Performance Improvement Ideas

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 23 1999 - 19:44:22 EST

In a message dated 3/22/99 5:30:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
boydmcguire@mindspring.com writes:

<< I have a 1993 Dodge Dakota 2x4 with a 318 automatic. I have $700 to spend
on
 improvements, and everything I have is stock. What do you all suggest?

 Blake >>

Hey Blake

You have the best year truck for shurrrrr (shhh watch the sparks fly here). I
have a 93 also and it runs fairly well. The mopar computer is a big plus but
requires the super unleaded fuel, if thats not a problem then it's worth the
loot. Second a K&N stock replacement filter and remove the deflector in front
of the air cleaner duct inlet in the right side of the grill. This route will
give you cooler air which is a big plus. Next Cat back exhaust, I went with a
home brew and a 3" Race Magnum muffler split to duals out the back with 2 1/2
" tail pipes. Don't even think about a after market ignition unless you will
be running Nitrous or Super Charger, I lost 2 tenths and 2 mph in the 1/4 with
a MSD and have seen similar results with the Jacobs. The stock igniton is more
than adequate for mild mods.

That should get you some good gains and with money left over.

Good luck with your truck.

Bill