Re: 33's on a V6 4x4

From: Walter_Felix (Walter_Felix@email.msn.com)
Date: Wed Mar 24 1999 - 08:15:21 EST

I've seen 35"s on Dakotas with the 3" body and 4" suspension kits. I saw
one that had 36"s with the kits and cranked torsion bars and add-a-leafs.
But you could see where the paint was rubbed off on the fender at the
lowest, rear edge of the wheel opening. The owner didn't 4-wheel that truck
much either. You'll probably won't get Trail master to say anything about
35" tires on a Dakota because that would envolve both suspension and body
kits. There is a disclaimer in every catalog I've seen with Trail Master
products

 "WARNING: Trail Master does not recommend combining body lifts and
suspension lifts"

There's a safety / liability issue involved there. There not going to go on
any public record suggesting any setup combining the two. They are also not
going to recommend any tire size that will not have minimum clearance under
full compression.

You are correct, the high price is due the the torsion bar IFS suspension.

Walter Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4
WWW.GeoCities.Com/~Walter_Felix