Re: Stock Cam spec.(Dyno#'s)

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Wed Mar 24 1999 - 12:10:35 EST

Bernd D. Ratsch wrote:

> Makes sense...in a way. I still don't think that you had an accurate
> reading though.
I used the same dyno as Swede and my #'s came out "upside down" with
tq#'s reversed with hp#'s.
1st pull: Max power=272.0 Max torque=280.6
2nd pull: 267.5 279.5
The corrected #'s were 250.8/229.1----244.8/223.9 which seems a little
more like it.
My point is, the MAX #'s don't line up with the Graph #'s so it is very
possible the dyno has a calculation problem. Operator error probably,
the guy couldn't even figure out how to print out the #'s on a list by
rpm, only the graph.
I won't be using the same dyno next time. (soon). Alan S.