Another technical timing question....

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 24 1999 - 12:55:06 EST

Just curious but other than hearing the timing chain rattle, which I have
pinpointed on my Dak; what are the symptons the timing chain needs replacing.
Also, will a worn timing chain affect the timing itself? How does incorrect
timing affect performance and just how good the engine will run. Over time,
does the timing need adjustment, or does the computer do it? I plan on doing
this within the next month, and just want to make sure I really need to get it
done. I figure with 102,500 miles on my truck, it really does need to be
done. Thanks in advance for the answers to these questions.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6