RE: Hp differences at rear wheels

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Wed Mar 24 1999 - 15:50:13 EST

Brian,
I agree! my .02: Ive always run the 904 (modified) on any mopar smallblock
that I have built. I reserve 727s for the big blocks... The 904 is very
reliable on an engine that does not produce massive torque and makes the
best of a high RPM low torque combo! After modifying my R/T for more
power/torque, I feel that the 360 magnum can/does produce enough "bigblock
like torque" that it would probably chow through a lighter tranny in no time
flat! Im not running out to get a 44RE to swap in to my R/T, even though
they would bolt right up. Too bad they dont make a 46 RH with a bigblock
bellhousing... JVX to the rescue!