tow hooks

From: Drew Schofield (droopie@midsouth.rr.com)
Date: Wed Mar 24 1999 - 20:19:17 EST

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 11:07:56 -0500
From: "Steed, Eric P" <Eric.Steed@usa.xerox.com>
Subject: DML: RE: My parts dept "learned" how to bargain

can anyone tell me what the difference is between the mopar tow hooks
for
the DAK and generic tow hooks from Wal-Mart? I can see the price
difference
right away- mopar tow hooks- $160 + tax and installation, Wal-Mart tow
hooks- $10.. hmmm. well anyone got any advice? I will NOT spend $160
for 2
metal hooks no matter how durable they are- I would pay $40-60 though..
should I be able to bargain with them??

- -Eric

Black '99 Dakota Sport
4x4 Club Cab

--

I thought the same thing, too, but I saw that the Mopar hooks are a beefy crossmember setup that bolts onto the frame and mounts the hooks below the airdam. I don't think generic hooks will work without ruining your airdam when you use them.

Drew Schofield Visit my web page at http://www.angelfire.com/tn/page4drew