Re: Paint Tips

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wt.net)
Date: Sun Mar 07 1999 - 23:27:24 EST

Blake I'm sure your's is faded as you have already said it is, but this
brings to mind what maco told me once several months ago. I was looking to
have my running boards, grill and front bumper repainted (Damn stone chips
and marsh flies have been pretty rough on my paint in these areas. The
Sealy/Bastrop guys will get to see what I'm talking about). Anyway when I
went to Maco they stopped just shy of flat refusing to do it because they
said -- your paint is faded. Bull shitockie. There may be some slight
variance between the new and old paint, but I got the feeling the guy was
digging for a bigger job. So what I finally did was just paint the grill
myself and wait till later on the running boards and bumper. I went to the
dealer and got two cans of my color paint in the little spray cans. Removed
my grill and roughed up the plastic with steel wool and sprayed away. And
you know, you couldn't tell ANY color difference. I even won a trophy with
it a few weeks later. If mine is faded it is so slight that I can't tell
it. Except for the chips and scratches my paint has been great. Still
shines incredibly well.

---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html