Re: Making power

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 01:35:54 EST

At 12:14 AM 3/25/99 , you wrote:
>Fellow DML'ers
>Everybody on the list is always looking for more power, but I haven't heard
>one person talk about a water mist system in the intake. If ambient is dry
>and you inject a water spray into the inlet you increase the mass flow and
>more power is the result.

  Its an interesting idea. I've thought about it a little, but not really
in any detail. Its one of those things I have stored away to "look at
later". :-) Every now and then, it pops up again, and I think about it
some more then file it away for later. :-)

  I was just on a site yesterday where this guy uses water injection on his
Syclone. He has it turn on automatically at 10psi boost, and he seems
happy with it, and has had measurable results. I don't recall all the
details, but anyone interested might want to check it out. I don't have
Internet access at the moment due to a messed up router so I can't check to
see if this is the right URL, but it should work. (I pulled it out of the
history of my web browser):

    http://www.syclone.freeserve.co.uk/waterinjection.htm

                                               -Jon-