Re: Making power

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 08:02:43 EST

Ahh, the old "water injection" trick :^) This stuff doesn't really do
anything for the engine by itself. Once you add it though, you can boost
your timing (on non-computer engines) or use lower-octane gas if your truck
requires high-octane.

Water injection was real popular back in the 70's when super-high octane gas
disappeared and all those old 10.5:1 musclecars were pinging on 91-93 octane
(if you could find it during the gas crunches).

If I had an older vehicle (pre-computer) that I was working on, I would add
a water injection kit along with an MSD timing control. You could advance
your timing up to 7.5 degrees (or is it 15?) with the water injection on
regular pump gas and boost your performance and mileage.

Come to think of it, water injection might be a cure for all those people on
alt.autos.dodge.trucks complaining about their engines pinging.......
'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate