RE: RE: Re: RE: 24# Injectors?

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 14:03:21 EST

Charles,
agreed, although big injectors dont slow you down (on the 360 magnum)... saw
a 6hp increase @ 4900rpm with big injectors 270cc @ 87% duty ccyle and
43psi, stock is 232cc @82% duty cycle (max)) no fuel pressure mods... 360s
have the same injectors as the 318s. with that, the duty cycle on the 360 @
WOT is greater. With stock injector variations you can find a "weak" unit
that will not increase flow rate as it reaches the peak duty cycle allowed
by the PCM (80%)... I agree with you re: 318s even a weak stock injector
should flow enough to supply a mildly modded 318. With a free flow exhaust
and a 700cfm TB, I could feel one of my injectors potentially "hanging" at
very extended WOT (would you buy a used truck from this man...). The Lucas
disk injectors (p/n 03764aa) have much less injector to injector variations
and help smooth out the idle as compared to an unmatched set of Siemens or
Bosch pintle style injectors. One thing is for certain, the magnum engines
dont behave a thing like a GM motor when it comes to mods... totally
different controllers, sensors and philosophies on how to meet the smog regs
and get the motor to meet its specs... Almost opposites in a lot of
respects... Whish I had more dyno time to test the injectors, but I can say
they didnt slow me down!
BKB