Re: V6 Power

From: Asautt@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 14:57:41 EST

In a message dated 3/25/99 7:47:08 AM Pacific Standard Time, johnmr03@uleth.ca
writes:

> I am currently looking at purhasing a new Dakota CC Sport 4x4. I was
> planning
> on getting the 5.2L but I have been told by many people (including my
friend
> who owns the Dodge dealership) not to purchase the V8 cause it is real hard
> on
> gas. I am not out to race anyone but just want a motor with some power and
> decent fuel economy. I have drove the 5.2L but never the V6. Maybe I'll
go
> and test one out this afternoon.
>
> I plan on buying the truck for mostly on road use except for about 20
> perccent
> of the time when I go off road. I don't plan on hauling anything on a
> regualar
> basis so I am not really concerned with the towing ability.
>
> ~MIKE

My 5.2 CC 4X4 is bone stock and I am averaging 15.3 mpg on the second 3000
miles so the window sticker is pretty accurate as far as milage goes. I drive
it a little harder than if I was driving strictly to get good milage. Can't
let those little ricers beat me off a light! I don't think I would be nearly
as happy with a 6 as I am with the 5.2. But if milage is IMPORTANT to you,
stay away from the V8.

Chief