RE: Fw: Cat-FrontT Pipes for Dodge Dakotas

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 17:19:38 EST

Charles,
 If you just replace the head pipes and leave the stock exhaust manifolds
you have to use the JBA parts! They will give you more power than the stock
headpipes even with your stock exhaust manifolds. They are the only ones
that I know of that will fit on a set of stock exhaust manifolds. Mike
leach does not sell the head pipes seperately and the ones he makes only
work with his headers...
I run the JBA headers with the JBA downpipes and am very satisfied. I live
by the beach and need stainless steel to avoid the rust problem. The Mike
Leach headers will probably produce more top end power and come with a
monster 2.5" set of head pipes! They do not come in stainless steel. They
also do not come in ceramic coating, but only chrome plate. That to me is
the big choice between these two header types. I went the JBA route due to
"environmental concerns" (everything rusts to He** in my environment)...
you wouldnt be disappointed in either IMO BUT DEFINITELY REPLACE YOUR HEAD
PIPES
BKB