Re: 24# Injectors vs. Elec. Fan??

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 19:44:12 EST

On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, Robert Trottmann wrote:

> Soo....to put a new twist on this debate, should I go for an electric fan
> setup, about $150 or so, or the injectors for $100? Which would give me more
> horses for the buck? Also, will the injectors really help on my Dak, which is
> naturally aspirated (and probably always will be) and has no, and never will
> have, any internal work? Just boltons, thats it. So basically, if you just
> had $100, and my Dakota, which would you get?

   In your situation, I would definitely go for the electric fan first.
(I'm planning on doing a fan soon; how soon depends on the ol' checkbook),
then I'll look at injectors later. I'm planning on building a little
meter that will show me the duty cycle of the injectors. Until you
know that, I think you'd just be replacing parts "in the dark". From
what I've heard, you don't need to upgrade your injectors unless
your stock ones can't keep up with the fuel requirements (duty cycle
near 100%). It probably wouldn't hurt to change them, but I think
you'd see bigger gains from the fan at this point. Still, $100
is a pretty good price... :-)

                                              -Jon-