Re: Was: Hotchkis Prices Now: Steering clunk fix unacceptable?

From: Dak99RT@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 26 1999 - 12:52:16 EST

In a message dated 3/26/99 9:57:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
eqgroup@equinoxfinancial.com writes:

> My steering clunk has returned

Ryan how many miles are on your 99 R/T? And at what mileage did you get you
intermediate shaft replaced to cure your clunk? When is Dodge going to come up
with a correct fix for this damn clunk? This is ridiculous a 99 truck needs to
go in for the same repair twice within a few months?! Mine is in the shop
getting fixed now. Dodge REALLY needs to come up with a hardened intermediate
steering shaft for these Dakotas.

Sorry for venting but tired of the clunk,
PS. I have been told that the circle track magazines have companies that make
hardened steering shafts... Don't worry Dodge... we will fix it for ya... ; (
Charles