Re: Tire Sipe

From: Dester243@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 26 1999 - 22:48:39 EST

In a message dated 3/26/99 11:50:37 AM Central Standard Time,
mcrumley@airmail.net writes:

<< I will admit right off that I have never heard of this, but my initial
 reaction is to wonder why, if this is such a good idea, do none of the tire
 manufacturers do this? Cutting the tread in the same direction as the
 radial plys run seems to me like a real *bad* idea, a sure prescription for
 shortening tire life. Somebody explain to me why I'm wrong.

I love it when i have the power to prove someone wrong. The BEST Selling snow
tire in America today is the Michellin Artic grip of something to that extent.
It's the concept of siped tires. it has MILLIONS of cuts in it to GRIP the
snow. SO HA!!
-Dester
PS. i'm just messing, don't take anything seriously