Re: V6 Power

From: JeffofSLU@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 27 1999 - 12:20:46 EST

In a message dated 3/26/99 11:28:13 AM Central Standard Time,
mcrumley@airmail.net writes:

<< -Didn't someone mention before that the 5.2 may
> actually get better gas mileage because it doesn't have
> to work quite as hard as the 3.9?

 Seems like I remember someone advancing that theory, but...I have yet to see
 post from anyone with a V8 who even gets the same much less better mileage
that
 the average V6. There's just no way that less work (if and when it happens)
can
 make up for the gas being pumped into those two extra cylinders.

Actually, yes it can. Fuel efficiency isn't as closely tied to number of
cylinders as it is the efficiency of the motor, and the truck as a whole. My
95 consistentley gets 20-21 mpg on the highway,17-19 in the city, and I don't
exactly baby it.

Jeff