5.9L V10?

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Mar 28 1999 - 07:16:45 EST

At the LA Auto Show, Michael Gaylin, Chrysler Public Relations Manager, was
being interviewed about the Cronos(sp?) show car. He said; "This vehicle runs,
it actually performs. It could be produced if the moment was right." When
asked what was under the hood he said "V10, 350 thereabouts hp, but it's not
the V10 that we've had out in the Viper and the Ram P/U trucks. It's a brand
new V10."

IMHO, it seems probable that ma mopar has done like ferd did and made a V10
version of the new tech 4.7 ohc engine. If they kept the same bore and stroke
that would work out to about 5.9L. Tuned for truck use that could give us a
300hp, 5.9L, ohc V10 in the near future. This "modular" engine line will be
augmented by a V6 version and replace all current engines in Dodge trucks
except the cummins.

Can you say DAKOTA R/T V10? I'm going to start saving up from now.
Dr. Pat