Re: Re: Gas Mileage

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Sun Mar 28 1999 - 12:17:43 EST

On a trip from TX to SD during Xmas '97, I got just over 21mpg AVERAGING
just over 73mph (mostly Interstate). I calculated average speed by dividing
mileage (distance) by time between fill-ups, which means I was probably
driving 75 - 80 much of the time. All this in a V8 Dakota. Bet I could get
25mpg if I drove 55 :^)

btw, gas prices in Abilene, TX are $1.03, $1.13, and $1.23 for low, mid-,
and premium, give or take a nickel depending on what side of town and what
station you fill up at....

'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate