Re: NV3500 shifts

From: Christopher L Scott (clscott@cse.Buffalo.EDU)
Date: Mon Mar 29 1999 - 07:57:25 EST

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I hear someone advocating "a good synthetic lubricant"
to be used in the NV3500. Do you mean like synthetic motor oil, since the
tranny takes motor oil? Or do you mean something like Redline MTL? I
have heard of people with manual trannies which required motor oil and
they put in Mobil 1, and promptly lost all ability to shift. The stuff
lubricated so well, there wasn't enough friction for the synchronizers to
work. I was under the impression that synth. oil in trannies was baaaadd.

                                Christopher Scott