Custom Lowering Blocks

From: GSWillhite (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 29 1999 - 15:10:03 EST

I had a machine shop build me a set of SOLID steel lowering blocks.
They 5 1/2"x 2 1/2"x 1 1/2"H and weight about 10 lbs each. They fit
snug and are as wide as my leafsprings, so they won't move. I decided
to go this route because the weight was added directly to the axle
and hopefully with the 5 speed it'll give me a little more traction.
I think it helped me in the firebird spank even tho it was from a
rolling start. The lowering blocks I recieved from So Low Suspensions
are good blocks, but lowered it a little to much for me. Besides the
idea I could make it look better and add a little to my traction
justified the solid steel blocks even more. I hope this logic is
sound. Also my vibration is still gone, so I'm happy.

GS -

98 5.2L 5spd