Re: Custom Lowering Blocks

From: Dak99RT@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 29 1999 - 15:37:09 EST

In a message dated 3/29/99 3:12:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
GSWillhite@ualr.edu writes:

> I had a machine shop build me a set of SOLID steel lowering blocks.
> They 5 1/2"x 2 1/2"x 1 1/2"H and weight about 10 lbs each.

GS... are your blocks pinion angle correct? And were the So Low steel blocks
pinion angle correct? I installed my 1" lowering block from AIM backwards
Dohhh! and I had vibration... then when I turned them around 180 degrees so
the slope was facing forward... the vibration was gone. I put together a
lowering block how-to and mentioned So Low as a steel block alternative to
AIM's Extruded aluminum ones (although I haven't had any problems with the
aluminum ones) and wanted to see if So Low's were pinion angle correct.
Thanks
Charles Smith
99 Dak R/T