RE: 98 Ram SS/T -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 29 1999 - 17:57:15 EST

they have some wacked "skpi shift".. won't let you hit second.. makes
you go to 4th from 1st... they make something to counter it though. I think
it will actually go to 2nd and 3rd at WOT, but at half or more, it skips..
POS...

-mike d.

>>> "Wayne T. Schultz" <rimfax@email.msn.com> 03/26/99 06:06pm >>>
MR. DANCER
I have to agree with you again. (2x in one day, I must have had a
significant life change to agree with anyone twice in one day)

My father has an 89 Vette. It has 275/40 17's at all four corners. Chevy
stopped offering this tire package because two many people were
encountering
a little known phenomenon called oversteer. Oversteer is something
most car
manufacturers intentionally stay away from, because when your
average driver
encounters it, they usually follow up with a crash. The computer in his
6spd vette wont allow full power until you reach 3rd gear either. (I have
no proof other than personal experience on that one).

Lastly, All the torque that the 360 puts out may be two much for there
current 5 spd trans.

*agreed with post*
My guess would be for liability reasons - could you imagine launching
and
racing the R/T with a 5-spd. and that light rear end? Under less than
ideal
conditions, I would think a less-experienced driver could find themselves
in
the ditch or worse, and the lawsuit may come back to the vehicle
manufacturer. Sports cars, OTOH, are better able to handle all that
power
to the rear wheels, not to mention it is generally HP further up in the
powerband, and not off-the-line torque, that makes those sports cars so
quick.

'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate
*end agreed with post*