Side of the road show!

From: DodgeBoyz3@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 29 1999 - 18:04:41 EST

Fellow Daksters,

We all had a great time in Texas at our meet. At one time there were 5 R/T
Dakota trucks in one spot along with 5-6 "Normal" Dakotas(if there is such a
thing). We went to race on Sun, but unfortunately the weather the night
before didn't cooperate. While Sun was a beautiful day in Sealy, the shutdown
area of the drag strip was under water 8^(
It is an awesome site to see all those Dakotas driving on the interstate and
the roads through town. We got a lot of attention!

We had the driveway to the race track shutdown with Dakotas. After being told
that the track would not open, we decided to just have a party right there on
the service road of I-10. Before long we had 12-13
Dakotas(R/T=1DA,2SY,2BK)and several other fast Dakotas. You should have seen
the looks we were getting from the highway. Several Dakotas turned off the
interstate to join us. Jim from San Antonio even brought his "rolling swap
meet", laid it all out right there on the ground and did pretty well. I think
Jim had everything back there but an engine!

A couple of brand-x'ers and a couple of slushstangs stopped too, but they
didn't hang around. The ferds tried to drag race each other on the service
road, but it was so lame that we Dodgers just burst out in laughter! Even a
canrio w/ rally sport and z-28 badges stopped, he too left, after seeing all
the Dakotas.

Saturday we had a picnic at Bastrop and several R/T's showed up there too. We
had 1FR, 2BK, 1DA, in addition to many regular Dakotas.

We had a fellow come all the way from Harlingen(S.Tex) and from Temple too.
We had a 4x4 Dak come in from Louisiana...........All in all we had a great
time! All of you that showed up, thanks, Renee and I really enjoyed
ourselves. There are some pics at Bernd's site of the Sat event.

 <A HREF="http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm">Our Home in Texas - The
Dodge Dakota</A>

There will be more posted soon on the DML event report page, Mike Clark and I
need to get together a write it up. Mike got some great pics with his new
digital camera.

I can't wait for another road trip..........Mississippi ???
If anyone has anything to add, jump on in! BTW, we had some cool shirts too!

Gene and Renee
99 CC DA
www.mopars.net