Re: Actual Top Speed of an R/T (sixer doing 135)

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Mon Mar 29 1999 - 21:32:42 EST

Confused by the statements below, but the 275/40/17 is a shorter tire than
both
the 195/75, and 215/75... so much that in either configuration your
speedometer
would read anywhere between 3-9 mph HIGHER than actual 'ground speed'.

What RPM was your truck running when you were above 115??? The reason
I ask.. stock speedometers are not accurate, nor are intended to be, about
85 mph
in a majority of vehicles. Even Porsche VDO gauges are optimistic with 195
mph
indicated, with an actual speed of 179 mph in a recent magazine test. RPMS
will
tell the real story, as will a good GPS, and radar, and a highway patrolman,
and....

Sam '99 RT x 2