Window sticker vs. actual gas mileage

From: Randy Fox (foxra@nad.adventist.org)
Date: Mon Mar 29 1999 - 23:10:05 EST

Eric,

I hate to rain on your parade, but don't be surprised if you don't even
get the
mpg listed on your window sticker. I've been trying different things to
improve
the mileage on my '98 R/T and I was told that the EPA runs the trucks at
49
mph to get those figures on your window sticker! So unless you plan on
driving
real slow, you may not do that well. My truck is consistently 2 mpg
UNDER
the 16 city/18 hwy listed on my sticker.

Randy
'98 FR CC R/T