Re: Window sticker vs. actual gas mileage

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Mon Mar 29 1999 - 23:24:17 EST

I've heard that one of the most effective methods for improving mpg is to
decrease the flow of air under the vehicle, either by lowering the vehicle
and/or adding a lower airdam on the front. You need to figure out if the
xtra cost of the airdam, etc. will pay itself off in better mpg.....

Also, seems like tonneau covers help out the V6's moreso than the V8's,
guess 'cuz they have to work harder to begin with?

btw, anybody got a stock airdam they wanna get rid of?

'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate