Re: Twin Turbos WAS (no subject)

From: Jason Yates (j_hurricane_y@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 30 1999 - 11:00:13 EST

Isn't that why the Mitsi came with twin turbos--each one is rigged up to
boost at different rpm's (one for lower, the other for higher)--to fight
turbo lag? I don't know if that's how it worked or not, but I know
that's one of the advantages of having twin turbos--fighting lag.
Otherwise, you're right . . . you wouldn't want a single turbo in
conjunction with a five speed. Man Jon, you sure think of some crazy
s&#%. Gotta love it.

JY

--- Jon Steiger wrote:
> At 11:34 PM 3/29/99 , you wrote:
> >WRONG! The Syclone/Typhoons had automatic tranny's because turbo
> >charged
> >engines lose boost every time you push the clutch in to shift. Less
> >boost is lost with
> >the automatic...same with the Grand National. If a 5 speed were
> faster,
> >the GNX
> >would have had a 5 speed.
> >

> I've been tossing around the idea of fabbing up a twin
turbocharger
?