Show Season coming........are you ready??

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 30 1999 - 10:57:37 EST

     What's up fellow DML'ers, it's that time of year where I rejoice for the
warmer weather (NY here, it gets damn cold in the winter!). So once again
I've been bitten by the truck bug, and been spending alot of time working on
the truck. Replacing burnt out neon tubes, tired tires, and tuning the stereo
system until the windshield wipers bounce off the winshield (man, that's soo
cool).
     New things I've installed is a new pneumatic bed cover lift. The old one
failed on me quite drastically, so I designed a new one to work better. It
consists of two air compressors hooked together in parallel (increases the
speed the pressure rises) and an airshock. When I flip the compressors on
(control panel was grafted into where the cup holders used to be) it
compresses the shock, which in turn pushes the bed cover open. Currently it
locks from the outside, but I am going to be adapting 2 door lock solenoids so
i can lock/unlock in tandem with the compressors. I'm also upholstering the
bed with white vinyl and blue stripes....opposite of the exterior paint job.
When I'm done I'm hoping for major show points in that area. When it's all
completed, I will post pictures on my website:<A HREF="
www.angelfire.com/ny/vipertruck"> www.angelfire.com/ny/vipertruck</A>

Everybody get out the checkbooks and the sawzalls.....it's customizing time!!

-Austin
Vipertruck