Re: (no subject)

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Mar 30 1999 - 15:55:00 EST

>Have you ever priced these things? I wish I was poor enough to afford one
>(or better yet, two) of these things :-)

Yup...if you compare the price of a Turbo Kit (with O-Ringed heads, new
gaskets, Pistons, Intercooler, etc.) with just a Paxton (or Vortech) kit,
it comes out about the same. (With labor charges included.)

>>Blower = Paxton, Vortech, Kenne Bell, B&M, BDS, whatever you prefer...ya get
>>the boost right where you want it, when you want it,
>
>Assuming you use to for drag racing.

We were talking about everyday use...

>>and it doesn't care
>>what kind of a transmission your running.
>
>No, but your time slips will. Autos rule :-)

Depends on the driver and their experience level.

>Kids today have so many advantages I never had.
>There's no telling what I could've accomplished
>with a home computer and a handgun.

I agree with that comment. :)

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX