Re: Upgrading Radio Help

From: Bob Nichols (bnich@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Tue Mar 30 1999 - 19:22:37 EST

Chad wrote:

> I'll soon be installing three 12 inch Subs in a box in the back seat
> along with four 6.5 inch speakers in the stock positions. I'll need two
> amps to power these I assume? Can I run the amps that I need off of my
> stock battery and alternator or is more power required?
>
> I'll be installing Crossfire Products all the way around as I like what
> I've seen of there stuff.
>
> Chad

Chad, Yea 2 amps. The stock battery and Alt is fine long as the truck is
running while the system is playing. A short time, 1/2 hr or so is OK. This
is not my line of bussiness though, there is a few guys on the list that
can advise you bettter than I.
I would use 75-100 watts for the front (check your speaker ratings) and 400
- 500 watts to the rear (ditto)
Bob
Lowered 1998 Metalic Red Extended Cab
Western Chassis 2/4" Drop, Gibson Cat Back, Lund Roll Pan, Sport Masters
Burgandy Tonnue, Home Grown K+N, Stillen Bumper Cover, Sony CDX-7850,
Infinity Kappa's, MTX 275x
Visit my Dak at http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/factory/7995