Re: MPG 318

From: JeffofSLU@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 30 1999 - 20:28:49 EST

In a message dated 3/29/99 9:42:36 PM Central Standard Time, torch@triplet.net
writes:

<< Just a quick question to those out here with a 318 CC Auto 3.55 rear, what
 kind of MPG figures, if you could pls list yours stock and with what mods
 and city/hwy.
 I know, should have got a V6, but just want to get an idea what to expect.
 First tank was both, and got 15.5, second tank city, 12.5. realize will get
 better with age....

You made the right choice in getting the V8. My 95 CC Auto with 3.55 rear
when I got it only had a Flowmaster exhaust with muffler bends, and a cover.
It averaged about 19 on the highway and about 17 or so in the city. Since I've
had it I've put Doug Thorley Headers, Hypertech pulleys, MSD 6A Ignition, MSD
Blaster 3 coil, Magnecor wires, and a K&N FIPK. The only one of those mods
that affected gas mileage was when I did the MSD, coil, and wires all
together. The truck picked up between 1 and 1.5 mpg's. Now I consistentley get
20 on the highway, sometimes 21. In the city I get between 18 and 19. It's my
opinion that what helps the gas mileage most, especially on the highway is the
bed cover.

Jeff