Re: ping ? and a cam ?

From: Tom & Fern Moffat (tomm@datarecall.net)
Date: Tue Oct 13 1998 - 08:27:47 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Smith <jdsmith4@yahoo.com>
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Date: Wednesday, March 31, 1999 12:13 AM
Subject: DML: ping ? and a cam ?

>Well I slapped in the 160 deg. thermostat tonight... no
>more pings, but I did get the 'ol #17 code :(
>
>As for the post about sticking my finger in the vent
>hole, is that either the breather hole or the PCV hole?
> I sure hope that intake gasket is solid, if not....
>I'll have a good excuse to open the motor up and slap
>in a new bumpstick
>Huges Engines suggested this cam: HER0612AL cam,
>.512"/.512"--208/215 is anyone familiar with their
>work? What sort of powerband could I expect with this
>grind?
>===
>Jon Smith -- NC
>'95 CC SLT 4x4 (15.908@85.79)
>318 auto, MP comp, JBA headers, 8.5mm MSD wires, 14x3 K&N, dual cat-back
glasspacks, 180 degree thermo, spectre wire dividers
>http://www4.ncsu.edu/~jdsmith4/truck.html
>ICQ # 9720504
>IM: Fast4x4

I run their heads and 2 of my friends run their cams. Dave is a pretty
knowledgeable guy and respected in mopar circles. I'm going with their cam
in my 360 when I get it built. The duration you've chosen shold be no
problem with the computer.
Tom(11s dak)